At this moment we have 2 vacancies available:
(Senior) JAVA developer / Technical lead IT
ETPA is a young start-up company that was recently added as a subsidiary to the TenneT group. ETPA is an innovative trade platform that will facilitate new ways of power trading for companies in the Netherlands looking to optimize their daily electricity capacity. These new ways of power trading will lay a new foundation for the electricity market, supporting (and accelerating) the integration of sustainable energy resources in the Dutch energy mix.
Within ETPA we have a dynamic and strong development team, existing of 4FTE of developers with a variety of backgrounds and ages. The team is involved with all technical aspects of the trading platform; from development to daily IT opereration. The upcoming years the trading platform will need to accomodate an increasing number of clients, products and markets. This presents multiple challenges if we are to continue to exceed the current sector’s expectations. Within ETPA every team member has equal input and opportunity to co-create the future paths to be followed. This year for instance it includes, switching to the ‘Cloud’.
The team works with Continuous Delivery, Sprints and automated testing, in order to maintain the current pace of development and quality of delivered work at a high level.
Job description of a Java Developer at ETPA
As a senior Java developer you work together with the team on the (further) development of the trading platform using the agile methodology. You will function as an authority within your area and you are willing and eager to share your knowledge with the team. In agreement with the CTO of ETPA, you will still have a decisive role in how to technically address IT solutions. It is a plus if you thrive on managing and supporting a variety of interns and juniors within the project. You will develop the platform according to an Event Based Framework (named AXON3) which will help upscaling the platform through Microservices. You will be the founder of our ‘Cloud’ migration and your decisions may have an impact on the transition to a more sustainable energy market.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Designing, building, testing and documenting the Java application within the AXON framework
- Providing a supporting role in monitoring the production environment and where necessary correcting it
- Frequent coordination with stakeholders and being able to translate this to an IT architecture. Knowledge of the energy domain is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Supporting team members with their development and code quality
What do we expect from you?
- At least 5 years of professional experience as Java developer, preferably experience with Java 8
- Knowledge of :
- OO design, DD design and TD design
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment and automatic testing (Jenkins, Git, Maven, Kubernetes, Gulp build)
- application servers, middleware (Tomcat, Apache), operating systems (Linux) and databases (MongodB and SQL)
- Professional proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Some experience with the design of Microservices environments (such as the Axon framework) and knowledge about where to start
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive and strong communication skills
- As a senior, we expect you to have a leading role and that you are able and willing to share and transfer your expertise
What can you expect from us?
As an employee you will get a competitive salary and fringe benefits. You can choose your own laptop and OS to work with. We are located in Amsterdam, but working from home is a possible. Travel costs are covered to a maximum of 50 km from our office.
Do you need more information?
If you want to have more information, you can contact Jorrit Nijholt at phone number: +31(0)6 28 50 28 06
If you are enthusiastic about this opportunity, we kindly invite you to send your resume and motivation letter to Jorrit Nijholt, citing ‘ Java Developer’. The corresponding email adress is Jorrit.Nijholt@etpa.nl.transurl.nl
JOB LOCATION: Amsterdam, Arlandaweg 92-146
APPLY AT: email@example.com
CONTACT: Jorrit Nijholt
Office: +31 20 2614605
Junior Front-end developer
More coming soon