Energy Trading Platform Amsterdam
ETPA is a young start-up company that was added in 2016 as a subsidiary to the TenneT group. ETPA is an innovative trade platform that facilitates multiple new ways of power trading for companies in the Netherlands looking to optimize their daily electricity capacity and maximize their profits on different energy product. These new ways of power trading for the electricity market is supporting (and accelerating) the integration of sustainable energy resources in the Dutch energy mix.
Within ETPA we have a dynamic and strong development team, existing of 6 FTE of developers with a variety of backgrounds and ages. The team is involved with all technical aspects of the trading platform; from development to daily IT operation. The upcoming years the trading platform will need to accommodate an increasing number of clients, products and markets. This presents multiple challenges if we are to continue to exceed the current sector’s expectations. Within ETPA every team member has equal input and opportunity to co-create the future paths to be followed.
The team works with Continuous Delivery, Sprints and automated testing, in order to maintain the current pace of development and quality of delivered work at a high level.
Job description of a Senior Java Architect at ETPA
As a senior Java architect you work together with the team on the (further) development of the trading platform using the agile methodology. You will function as an authority within your area and you are willing and eager to share your knowledge with the team. You will help the team develop and pay attention to individual needs from team members. It is a plus if you thrive on managing and supporting a variety of interns and juniors within the project. You will develop our platform on an Event Based Framework (named AXON4) which will help upscale the platform and leverage the advantages of microservices. Your decisions will have an impact on the transition to a more sustainable energy market and the integration of more renewable energy in the electricity sector.
Your main responsibilities include among others:
- Designing, building, testing and documenting our ETPA applications based on the AXON4 framework following the CQRS principle.
- Providing a supporting role in monitoring the production environment (via datadog) and where necessary correcting it
- Frequent coordination with stakeholders and being able to translate this to an IT architecture and business functionality. Knowledge of the energy domain is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Supporting team members with their development and code quality
What do we expect from you?
- At least 7 years of professional experience as Java developer and preferably experience with Java 11
- Knowledge of :
- DDD design and TD development
- CQRS methodologies
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment and automatic testing (Git, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Operating systems (Linux) and databases (MongodB and SQL)
- Angular JS and react
- Professional proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Experience with the design of microservices environments
- Excellent analytical skills and a never-ending learning mentality
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS and kubernetes
- Proactive and strong communication skills
- As a senior, we expect you to have a leading role (not necessary a formal role in leading) and that you are able and willing to share and transfer your expertise
What can you expect from us?
We offer a good salary and possibilities to expand your competences. We do a lot of company events and have a lot of fun together building the ETPA platfrom. We will reimburse your travel expenses up until 50km to ETPA office and you will get a company laptop.
Do you need more information?
If you want to have more information, you can contact Jorrit Nijholt at phone number: +31(0)6 28 50 28 06
Important: Aquicition based on the job opening is not appreciated.